With the primary intention of helping to inform our clients’ career decisions and transitions, the Career Counseling and Assessment Clinic provides a package of five 50-minute career counseling sessions with a focus on the assessment of work interests, personality, values, and abilities.
Depending on individual needs and goals, our counselors work collaboratively with clients to better understand:
- Work-related likes and dislikes
- Personality characteristics that influence work-related comfort, satisfaction, and success
- Importance of various work environment characteristics to the their job satisfaction
- Work-related abilities
- Suitable occupational areas to further explore
- Sources of information about work environments
- Resources and challenges in their career decision-making
- Helpful next steps in their decision making
Clients take assessments online in their own time. Following this, in each counseling session clients are provided with user-friendly reports describing the results from each of the tests. In addition, clients receive a comprehensive written report that summarizes the assessment and counseling process and highlights the counselor’s recommendations. The Career Counseling and Assessment Clinic uses sophisticated and well-researched assessment instruments that are also use in selection by major corporations. These include: the Strong Interest Inventory, California Psychological Inventory, Employee Aptitude Survey, and a work values card sort.
Please note that we are not a placement service that can help clients find specific job openings. However, our counselors are able to help clients find resources that can assist them with resume writing, interviewing, and locating job openings.